Effective Date: April 6, 2022
Welcome to https://jonasbrothers.com/ and http://www.dnce.com/, website for the Jonas Brothers. “Jonas Brothers” or “we” or “us” or “our” means: Jonas Brothers Enterprises, LLC; Jonas Brothers Recordings, LLC; Jonas Brothers Touring, LLC, and JAJ Productions Inc. We refer to you as “you” or “your” or “yourself.”
We will act in accordance with current legislation and aims to meet current best practice with regard to the processing of personal information.
If you are in Europe, “personal information” covers all personal data processed by us, which means the information that (either in isolation or in combination with other information) enables you to be identified directly or indirectly. “Europe” covers the European Economic Area and Switzerland.
What information do we collect about you?
We collect your personal information when you provide it to us. We may also collect other information that you voluntarily provide to us, including when you communicate with us via email, post, telephone or other channels; and when you respond to our communications or requests for information. The types of information that may be collected may include, but are not limited to: name, email address, postal address, shipping address and telephone number and user name. We may also collect information about other people that you provide to us, for example when you submit another person’s name and address when you purchase a gift.
We collect information about you when you sign up for or request that we send you marketing materials and when you sign up for an event or enter a competition, raffle, sweepstake or charity auction. We also collect information when you voluntarily complete an inquiry form on the Site or purchase, return or exchange goods or purchase services offered through the Site.
Website usage information is collected using web logs and cookies. When you enter the Site, we collect your browser and device information, including IP address and advertising identifiers. We collect information about how you interact with us and the Site, any preferences you express and settings you choose. This information is gathered for all visitors and users of the Site.
We may receive information about you from other sources, including third parties (such as Ticketmaster, Merch Traffic and Spotify) and publicly available information that help us update, expand and analyze our records; identify new customers; or prevent or detect fraud. We may combine the information collected from these sources with other information in our possession.
We may also receive information about you from social media platforms, including when you interact with us on those platforms or access our social media content. Please note that the information we may receive from those third party sites (such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and TikTok) is governed by the privacy settings, policies, and/or procedures of the applicable platform, and we strongly encourage you to review them before submitting any information to them.
You can choose not to disclose certain information, but then you might be limited in the services you can take advantage of on the Site.
Any information you post publicly on the Site is available to the public without any expectation of privacy or confidentiality.
To help us make emails more useful and interesting, we may receive a confirmation when you open an email from us.
We ask that you do not send us or disclose any sensitive information on or through the Site or otherwise, being personal information relating to: racial or ethnic origins; political opinions; religious or other beliefs; health or medical conditions; trade union membership; sexual orientation; or criminal background. If any sensitive information is freely available or accessible in the public domain, we will not have any obligations to you regarding that information.
If you are in Europe - What are our responsibilities to you?
If you are in Europe, for the purposes of the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (the “GDPR”) and the equivalent Swiss arrangements, we will be the data controller for personal information we collect from you. We have a Data Protection Officer who can be contacted as noted below:
Data Protection Officer
How we may use and share the information we collect
We may use the information we collect in the following ways:
- to respond to your inquiries;
- to provide you with goods and services that you request, process donations that you make, process returns and refunds and enable you to participate in events, competitions, raffles, sweepstakes, and auctions and message boards or online forums;
- to present our Site to you and send you marketing communications and other information or materials that may be of interest to you or which you have expressed an interest in receiving;
- to maintain our list of contacts;
- for Jonas Brothers’ business or charitable purposes, such as: improving the provision of our Site, products and services; data analysis; submitting invoices and debt collection; detecting, preventing and responding to actual or potential fraud, illegal activities or intellectual property infringement;
- to better understand your needs and assess the effectiveness of our events, promotional campaigns and publications; and
- as we believe reasonably necessary or appropriate to: comply with our legal obligations; respond to legal process or requests for information issued by government authorities or other third parties; or protect your, our, or others’ rights, such as exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We may share the information we collect in the following ways:
- with third party service providers engaged by us to perform services on our behalf, such as web-hosting companies, information technology providers, web-development consultants, analytics providers, delivery of goods and services, processing of credit card payments, billing and debt collection, customer services, marketing and communications services, ticket sales and event hosting;
- with third parties who sponsor or co-sponsor or promote or co-promote an event or a competition, raffle, sweepstake, promotion, charity auction or other activity in which you participate;
- with law enforcement, courts or tribunals, other government authorities or third parties (within or outside the jurisdiction in which you reside) as may be permitted or required by the laws of any jurisdiction that may apply to us; as provided for under contract; or as we deem reasonably necessary to provide our services. In these circumstances, we take reasonable efforts to notify you before we disclose information that may reasonably identify you or your organization, unless giving prior notice is prohibited by applicable law or is not possible or reasonable in the circumstances;
- to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Jonas Brothers or others, including exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction; and
- with service providers, advisors, potential transactional partners or other third parties in connection with the consideration, negotiation, or completion of a transaction in which we are acquired by or merged or amalgamated with another company or we sell, liquidate, or transfer all or a portion of our assets.
Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
Legal grounds for using personal information
We rely on the following legal grounds to process personal information:
Performance of a contract: we may need to collect and use personal information to enter into a contract with you or to perform a contract that you have entered into with us.
Legal obligation: we may need to collect and use personal information to comply with legal obligations to which we are subject.
California Civil Code Compliance
If you are a resident in California in the United States, we seek to comply with the California Civil Code Section 1798.80-1798.84. That law permits you to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. You may only make such a request one time each year.
To make such a request, please contact us as advised in Section 16 below with any questions regarding such use of personal information.
The entire California Civil Code Section 1798.80-1798.84 documentation can be viewed here.
The measures we have in place to protect and safely store the information we collect
The security of your personal information is important to us. No credit card information is stored on our servers. We follow reasonable precautions to secure and protect the personal information submitted to us from unauthorized access or disclosure, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. You acknowledge that you are aware of security and privacy limitations, such as: (a) the limitation of security, privacy and authentication measures and features; and (b) that data or information on the Site or server may be subject to hacking, password theft, electronic fraud and/or contaminated viruses. Subject to our obligations to you under the GDPR if you are in Europe and the equivalent Swiss arrangements, we assume no liability for any disclosure of information due to errors in transmission, unauthorized third party access or other acts of third parties, or acts or omissions beyond our reasonable control and you agree that you will not hold us responsible for any breach of security unless such breach has been caused as a direct result of our gross negligence or willful default. Any transmission of your information is at your own risk. Therefore, we urge all users to exercise caution while using our Site.
We use a number of suppliers and service providers in connection with the operation of our business and they may have access to the personal information we process. For example, an IT service provider may see your personal information when providing software support, or a company which we use for delivery of goods, processing of credit card payments or a marketing campaign may process your personal information for us. When contracting with suppliers and/or service providers, we take appropriate steps to ensure that there is adequate protection in place and that data protection principles are adhered to.
Retention of the information we collect
We retain the information we collect for no longer than is reasonably necessary to fulfill the purposes for which we collect the information and to comply with our legal obligations.
Following completion of the services provided by us, we will either retain the related papers or store these records digitally.
Where personal information is retained for the purposes of sharing promotional material, and you no longer want to be contacted by us, please contact us as advised in Section 16 below. Please include your name and mailing address (as well as your e-mail address) if you also prefer not to receive direct mail. Note that you may still receive service related communications from us.
Web log information
Web log information is gathered when you visit our Site by the computer that hosts our Site (called a “server”). The server automatically recognizes some information, such as the date and time you visited our Site, the pages you visited, crashes, the website you came from, the type of browser you are using (e.g., Google Chrome, Internet Explorer), the type of operating system you are using, and location data. It helps us improve our Site and to deliver a better and more personalized service, such as by enabling us to: (a) estimate our audience size and usage patterns; (b) store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Site according to your individual interests; (c) speed up your searches; and (d) recognize you when you return to our Site.
The Site use Internet Protocol (IP) addresses. An IP address is a number assigned to your computer by your Internet Service Provider so you can access the Internet. Generally, an IP address changes each time you connect to the Internet (it is a dynamic address). Note, however, that if you have a broadband connection, depending on your individual circumstances, it is possible that your IP address that we collect, or even perhaps a cookie we use, may contain information that could be deemed identifiable. This is because with some broadband connections your IP address does not change (it is static) and could be associated with your personal computer. We use your IP address to report aggregate information on use and to help improve the Site.
How we respond to Do Not Track signals and apply local shared objects, pixel tags, web beacons, analytics, tailored advertising and location information
Do Not Track is a privacy preference that visitors and users can set in their web browsers. When a visitor or user turns on the Do Not Track signal, the browser sends a message to websites requesting them not to track the visitor or user. For information about Do Not Track, visit www.allaboutdnt.org. Please note there is no industry consensus as to what website operators should do with regard to Do Not Track Signals. Accordingly, we do not monitor or take action with respect to Do Not Track signals or other mechanisms.
In addition, the Site may use other technology that is standard to the Internet, such as local shared objects, pixel tags, web beacons and other similar technologies, to track visitors to or users of the Site. Those tools may be used by us and by third parties (such as Facebook and Google) to collect information about you and your Internet activity, even if you have turned on the Do Not Track signal.
When you use a smartphone, mobile device or computer to access the Site, we may collect information about your physical location. We may combine this information with other location-based information (e.g. your IP address and billing/postal address), to provide you with other services on your device. We share your location information only with third parties that help us provide you with services. You can opt-out of sharing this information by changing the permissions in your device.
Information from children
The Site are not intended for persons under the age of 13 (or 16 in Europe). We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 13 (or 16 in Europe) or knowingly allow such persons to register on the Site. If you are under the age of 13 (or 16 in Europe), please do not use or attempt to register on the Site or use any of the interactive or public comment features of the Site or send any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number or e-mail address or any screen name or user name you may use. No one under the age of 13 (or 16 in Europe) may provide any personal information to or on the Site. If we learn that we have collected or received personal information from a child under the age of 13 (or 16 in Europe) without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any personal information from or about a child under the age of 13 (or 16 in Europe), please contact us as advised in Section 16 below. We encourage parents to monitor their children’s Internet usage and/or to use web filtering technology to supervise their children’s access to the Internet.
We seek to comply with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act instituted in April 21, 2000. The entire COPPA documentation can be viewed here.
Updating your information, opt in and out options, and choices about how we use and disclose your information
You may correct, update or remove personal information previously provided to us (including opting in to or out of receiving promotional emails from us) by contacting us as advised in Section 16 below. All our general emails also contain an unsubscribe link at the bottom and you can unsubscribe to such emails at any time by clicking on that link. Please include your name and mailing address (as well as your email address) if you also prefer not to receive direct mail. Note that you may still receive service related communications from us.
We will use reasonable commercial efforts to make the changes you request, but it is not always possible to modify database information. To the extent that personal information was provided to third parties, we will not be able to make changes to it. Information may not be completely removed from our database(s) due to technical constraints and the fact that we back-up our systems.
If you are in Europe - Choices and rights in respect of the information we hold
If you are in Europe, personal information must be processed in line with individuals' rights, including the right to:
- request a copy of their personal information;
- request that their inaccurate or incomplete personal information is corrected;
- request that their personal information is deleted and destroyed in certain circumstances;
- object to processing or request that the processing of their personal information is restricted in certain circumstances or withdraw consent, including to opt out of receiving communications (including electronic) from the Jonas Brothers;
- not to be subject to automated decision making; and
- request the transfer of their personal information in certain circumstances.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us as advised in Section 16 below.
When making your request please provide:
- your full name and address;
- details of your request and the information you want. Please be as specific as possible, and if it is not obvious, it would be helpful if you could explain why you expect us to hold your personal information.
We may also ask you to provide further information in certain circumstances including to clarify the terms of your request or to confirm your identity.
However, please note that for practical and/or technical reasons it may not be possible to remove certain information.
How to contact us
If you have any queries concerning your personal information or any questions on our use of that information, please contact us as noted below or as otherwise advised on the Site:
Data Protection Officer: